SAFETY IS A WAY OF LIFE
You can rest assured that TRANSFLO will safely handle your product throughout the transloading process. We have performed four million transfers since 2001– more than 99.99% injury- and accident-free.
Many of these transfers involve hazardous materials such as ethanol, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen peroxide, liquefied petroleum gases and ammonium nitrate. We safely handle 300 commodities, including hazardous materials across our network.
The average terminal in our network has gone twelve (12) years without a lost-time injury!
How do we do it?
At TRANSFLO, safety is a way of life. Every TRANSFLO and terminal employee is committed to safety in all aspects of operations. We work closely with our customers, motor carriers and operators to prevent accidents and injuries. We require that all persons on-site comply with operating rules and safe work practices. Motor carriers accessing our terminals must also comply with special safety guidelines.
Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR)
TRANSFLO employs a Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR) system to ensure safety and customer satisfaction. As part of the process, we:
- Review the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for your product, in coordination with your technical experts
- Identify the primary hazards of the product
- Recognize any special handling characteristics of the product (e.g. heating, air reactive, viscosity)
- Identify the product-specific environmental regulatory requirements (e.g. air, water, hazardous waste)
- Determine the method of handling to be used (e.g. pumps, air, conveyors, vacuum)
- Determine the - equipment standards necessary for the transfer
- Develop the transfer procedure for the safe handling of the product
- Execute test loads and solicits customer feedback to ensure customer satisfaction
To reduce hazards related to product handling, TRANSFLO:
- Engineers out as much of the hazard as possible
- Develops and strictly adheres to specific work practices
- Institutes administrative controls
- Requires appropriate personal protective equipment